In my transformational training, I learned about "Get out of your head and into your heart. Lead with your heart". I did not fully comprehend what these words meant. I always wondered how that is possible. Working with computers, I am trained to be logical. If stuff does not compute, it is not worth the effort.
Recently, I realized what it meant. One night, I did not feel like going to the gym. I promised myself to go every night after work but my head said: "Why do you have to go to the gym? Why punish yourself? It is sweat and pain. Go drink beer and be with your friends. Better yet, lay on your sofa and watch TV. It is much cozy and warm on it with a cold beer in hand."
I previously declared self-love. Meaning, I get to do what is good for me -- in thought, in deeds, in any choice I make. I get to love myself.
And so my heart reminded me of my declaration. My heart wins!
The following Sunday, I had all the reasons (excuses) not to attend my GOAL GETTIN' meeting. I was in auto mode. My head was saying, go to the movies, go see the football playoffs on TV. Pressure was on!
My body was moving, getting into the car and what do you know, my heart took me to Pasadena for my meeting with friends. My heart after all was with them.
I am getting the hang of this. "Lead with your heart ...." Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment